Strawberry Pavlova Recipe by Chantelle Fehr
Yields 12 servings
So light and delicious, perfect for summer!
- 2 c. Cold Egg whites (chill in the fridge until right before mixing)
- ½ tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 2 ½ c. Sugar
- 4 ½ c. Whipping Cream
- ½ c. Icing Sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 4 c. Strawberries, quartered
- 2 c. lemon yogurt (or your favorite flavor)
- 6 Whole Strawberries for garnish
- ½ c. blueberries for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 300 F
- In your stand mixer or a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high until stiff peaks begin to form.
- While it is still whipping, gradually add sugar. Once sugar is all added, whip for another 5 minutes until it becomes glossy and smooth.
- Line 2 cookie sheets (or one huge cookie sheet) with parchment paper.
- Form 2 round circles of meringue about 7-8” wide on each cookie sheet. If using one large cookie sheet (one that fills the entire oven rack at once), make two circles leaving space in the middle and sides for it to expand.
- Bake for 2 ½-3 hours until each meringue doubles in size. Let cool.
- 1. Beat cream and icing sugar in a mixer or large bowl on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
Putting it Together
- Place 1 meringue on your platter of choice. Using roughly ¾ of the whipping cream mixture spread it on the meringue, pushing more to the edges and creating a well in the middle.
- Place quartered strawberries and yogurt in the well you created in step 1.
- Place the other meringue on top, pour remaining whip cream on top.
- Top with blueberries and remaining strawberries.
About the Author
Chantelle and her husband Michael have been together for 17 years, and have 5 wonderful, crazy kids! While Mike works outside the home, Chantelle’s a full time stay-at-home mom, embracing her role as a homemaker.
With five kids on a single income, she does her best to cut costs by baking, cooking, and creating most things by hand.
How much does she love baking? Well, let’s put it this way, she buys her flour and sugar in bulk and yet she’s still running out all the time!
Find Chantelle on the Web at: