Recipe by Chantelle Fehr
Yields: 1 loaf
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4c. Sugar
- 1c. Sour Cream
- 3/4 c. Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Lemon Extract
- 1 ½ c. All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Icing Sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Whisk your eggs, sugar and sour cream together well.
- Drizzle in your oil as your continue to whisk.
- Stir in your lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Add your baking powder, salt and flour. Stir until just incorporated, do not overmix some lumps are okay.
- Place your batter into a greased and parchment lined loaf pan. You only need to line with parchment down the long sides; you essentially want to make a sling for your lemon loaf. This will help to be able to remove and replace your loaf more easily.
- Bake at 350 F for 50-55 minutes, until your cake tester stick or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. Take out of the pan and let cool the rest of the way, leaving the parchment on.
- Mix your icing sugar and lemon juice together to make a glaze.
- Place back into the pan and pour glaze over top of lemon loaf. If you prefer to have your glaze come down the sides, then omit placing it back into your pan. Instead, remove parchment and place on a nice plate, and then pour your glaze over.
About the Author:
Chantelle and her husband Michael have been together for 17 years, and have 5 wonderful, crazy kids! While Mike works outside the home, Chantelle’s a full time stay-at-home mom, embracing her role as a homemaker.
With five kids on a single income, she does her best to cut costs by baking, cooking, and creating most things by hand.
How much does she love baking? Well, let’s put it this way, she buys her flour and sugar in bulk and yet she’s still running out all the time!
Find Chantelle on the Web at: