- 1/2 cup Rice (Uncooked)
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (796ml)
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Cheese (Marble or cheddar)
Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven for 400 F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink.
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Dice the onion and add to the ground beef. Cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic to the beef and onions. Stir in cooked rice, diced tomatoes and seasonings.
- Simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced.
- Slice the tops off of the peppers and arrange them standing upright in a baking dish.
- Dice the tops of the peppers and stir into the beef mixture. Scoop an equal amount of the mixture into each pepper and cover with cheese.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a thin layer of water. (This keeps the peppers moist.)
Cover with foil and cook at 400 F. for 35 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes more or until the cheese is fully melted.
About the Author:
Madison is a young wife and mother, with two adorable little kids underfoot. Her passion for homemaking led her to the kitchen at an early age where she cooked alongside her mom and eventually took over the job.
When it comes to cooking, she likes to find creative and delicious ways to stretch their grocery budget.