Recipe by Madison Turner
(This recipe makes a small batch. Double the ingredients for a larger batch.)
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk or Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cream together the butter and sugar followed by the egg, milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the first mixture.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge (usually overnight, or a few hours at least.)
- Roll 1/8 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters
- Bake on a greased baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Use 1 egg white per 1 cup icing sugar (also known as powdered sugar or confectioners’ sugar). If you don’t want to use raw eggs, you can look up a substitute.
Color with gel food coloring. You can also use liquid, but I prefer the gel.
To thicken the icing, add more icing sugar, to thin the icing out, add a little bit of milk.
About the Author:
Madison is a young wife and mother, with two adorable little kids underfoot. Her passion for homemaking led her to the kitchen at an early age where she cooked alongside her mom and eventually took over the job.
When it comes to cooking, she likes to find creative and delicious ways to stretch their grocery budget.