Recipe by Chantelle Fehr
- 6 cups peeled, cored and sliced Apples
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- ½ c. White Sugar
- 1 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Butter
- Mix the apples, lemon juice, cornstarch and white sugar in a bowl until apples are well covered.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter until your mixture is crumbly, I used a pastry blender.
- Using your favorite pie crust recipe or see my recipe (Moms, Never Fail Pie Crust), place the apple mixture in the bottom of the pie crust. Pile it high in the center and leave a little room around the edges.
- Place the brown sugar crumble mixture all over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, for 50 minutes. Until the apples are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
About the Author:
Chantelle and her husband Michael have been together for 17 years, and have 5 wonderful, crazy kids! While Mike works outside the home, Chantelle’s a full time stay-at-home mom, embracing her role as a homemaker.
With five kids on a single income, she does her best to cut costs by baking, cooking, and creating most things by hand.
How much does she love baking? Well, let’s put it this way, she buys her flour and sugar in bulk and yet she’s still running out all the time!
Find Chantelle on the Web at: